Sunday, May 8, 2011

Artist Homework Assignment #3


Due Tuesday, May 3rd
Complete the following in your journal – no page activation is required.
Artist Personal Ad (50 points)
·       The purpose of a personal ad is to get someone else’s attention. What about your artist would get someone interested? How can you use the “reality” of your artist to make a personal ad that will have all the following information:
o   Age and sign
o   Love interests
o   Painting style
o   Place your lived or lives the longest
o   What interests your artist as far a subject to paint
o   Some indication of the technology of the day
·       Here are some examples:
o   Picasso: “Male. Scorpio. I am one awesome artist. I can paint, draw, mold clay, sculpt with wire, print, the list just goes on. My last love interests have involved younger ladies with whom I can immortalize. If you love art and taking care of me, I am the one for you. Please be willing to move to France since this is my home and studio. No need to call, just send me a current head shot so I can consider you. Ladies over 24 do not need to apply. “
o   Grandma Moses: “I am a foxy, “experienced”, and single artist. I am not interested in any of these new technological doohickeys so I do not have a what you young crazy people call “telephone,” so it may be hard to contact me. However, I am creative and I have a hole in my heart left by my deceased husband, and I have been trying to fill that void by working on my art, but even embroidery and painting cannot replace good company. All in all I would be a great catch for anyone who would enjoy hearing about my 101 year life journey.”

No comments:

Post a Comment